Thursday, March 12, 2009

What ever happened to Kevin Burnett?


Last week there were rumors that the Packers had been in contact with OLB Kevin Burnett from the Dallas Cowboys. Time went on and no visit was scheduled and there was no new information on the status of the Packers' interest. On Tuesday the 10th, Burnett signed with the San Diego Chargers. So what is going on in the Packers' front office? Burnett is not a superstar player who we would have needed to shell out big bucks to get, and he also wouldn't have been a player that would have single handedly taken us to the Super Bowl, but i think that he would have added depth to our linebacking corp. I wouldn't say that I am disappointed that we didn't pick up Burnett, because in the long run I dont see him making that big of a difference. I just like to see that the Packers are looking to improve our team, and when we sit back and do nothing, it seems to me like we aren't trying very hard to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment