Thursday, March 12, 2009

Orakpo slated as potential pick for Pack at #9

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are ESPN's "Draft Experts" and just today on ESPN.com they posted a combined Mock Draft where each of their mock drafts were put together with the hope of ironing out some answers for draft day. I have watched the NFL Draft in it's entirety for the last 5 or 6 years and I follow it pretty closely, so I consider myself somewhat of a "Draft Dork". Up until this point, Malcolm Jenkins was slotted to be drafted by the Pack, even though I didn't think a CB should be high on our priority list. Finally today, Kiper and McShay gave me some hope as they listed both Brian Orakpo and Aaron Maybin for the Packers' first round selection.

This got me very excited because Orakpo has such huge potential and raw talent. He is a beast and I would absolutely love to see him on the Packers. He reminds me a lot of Javon Kearse or Julius Peppers. I think that he could make a great OLB/DE that we need for the 3-4 Defense, and I think he would make Ted Thompson look really good in the eyes of Packer Fans. Check out the video above and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment