Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mocking the Draft; How hard can it be?

Anyone who is interested in the draft and is excitingly waiting to see who their team is going to draft, they check their favorite online sports sites or watch their favorite sports shows to check the mock drafts of the Professional Draft Analysts. I have checked several different sites and I have seen many mock drafts from different analysts, and it doesn't seem like any of them can agree on who should go where. So I found myself thinking, why am I relying on these people to get insight into the who my team is going to pick with their first round pick? The reason is because I haven't taken the time to do my own Mock Draft!

Over the next couple of days, I will be working on my own mock draft of the first round, and we will see how far off The Malnarn is compared to the "Experts". Granted, I have kept my ear pretty close to the ground when it comes to the Draft, so my picks will not be based on knowledge that I gained through personal interviews i've had with teams, or any knowledge that i've gained on my own. Either way, I think that Mel Kiper, Jr. and Todd McShay have the easiest jobs in sports broadcasting. Check back soon to see me making a mockery of the Mock Draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment