Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bears get a new QB; what can we expect in 2009?


It has been a few weeks since i've put a new post on the blog so I apologize to all of my loyal followers. I live in Chicago now so I have to put up with all of the lame bears fans who think their team is God's gift to the NFL. As everyone knows by now, the Bears have picked up Jay Cutler from the Broncos. There is a lot of talk now about the Bears potentially being the team to beat in the NFC North now, and it makes me sick!

I think that Jay Cutler is a very good quarterback, but I also think that he is a whiny baby and makes me hate the Bears that much more. I don't doubt the fact that he will make the Bears a better team, but I think that the thought of them being the favorite to win the division is a little premature. Bears fans have a lot to be excited about, but they forget to understand that he is only one player, they still need someone to be able to catch the ball, I mean, their TE was their leading receiver in 2008.

I don't necessarily think that the Packers are going to be a huge threat to win the North this season, but you never know. The Packers are a very good team and Rodgers is getting better and better the more snaps he takes. The question mark with the Pack is the new defensive scheme coming into play this season. I have a feeling that there will be some serious growing pains and our defense is going to be a problem for the team this season.

Regardless, I hope that Bears fans are disappointed when Cutler gets pissed for not having the threats that he is expecting and the Bears end up behind both the Pack and the Queens in the North. That would be great!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The big mistake that da Bears made when they traded for Cutler was giving up 2 first round picks! Cutler will help some, but without anyone to throw the ball to, even Brett Favre would struggle. Cutler is not THAT much better than Orton, who had a solid year in 2009. Let's hope that the Lions finish ahead of Chicago this year...

    ReplyDelete