Monday, February 13, 2012

Driver Hints at Future...

Donald Driver has been a long time favorite in Green Bay. He went from an unknown 7th round draft pick out of Alcorn State to the Packers' all-time leading receiver in yards and receptions. But as much as he has meant to Packer fans on the field, I feel that he has meant even more off of it. He's the kind of guy you want to root for, the kind of guy you want your kids to look up to, and the kind of guy you wish you were friends with (check out his website here: www.donalddriver80.com).

There has been speculation that 2011 was Driver's last season in Green Bay due to his worst statistical season since his rookie year and the emergence of younger receivers Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. Donald himself even seemed to be thinking that way the week after the Packers' disappointing loss in January. But comments he made recently lead me to believe that my thoughts about him are true. Driver is a Packer to the core...

“The organization knows what I’ve done on and off the field, and they want to keep me around as long as possible,” said Driver, WISN-TV reported. “If that means sitting down and taking pay cuts to stay around, then you take pay cuts to stay around. I’ve always said it’s not about the money for me anymore.

“What I’m pushing for is for my legacy to stay around in the state of Wisconsin and around the world forever. So the money’s not a big issue.”

Easily one of the classiest guys in the league, I personally hope that he is able to continue to wear #80 at Lambeau Field, win another Super Bowl, and be inducted into the Hall of Fame having worn the Green and Gold throughout his entire career.

GO PACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment